Cross-country skiing in Obertauern
Explore Salzburgâ€™s beautiful winter landscape
Our tips for cross-country skiers in Obertauern:
- The "Hundsfeld run" â€“ stunning views over 6 kilometres, e.g. the nature reserve of Hundsfeldmoors. Start: Above the Luerzer Alm or north of the â€˜HÃ¶hensportzentrumâ€™.
- The "World Cup run" â€“ 10 kilometres, for more advanced cross-country skiing, especially from the high pass to the Felseralm. Start: At the â€˜Friedhof der Namenlosenâ€™ (cemetery of the nameless) or at the valley stop of the Gamsleiten chair lift.
- "Schaidberg run" â€“ at 1.5 kilometres and therefore ideal for novices and beginners, also perfect for a warm-up for more experienced endurance sport fans.
- "Gnadenalm run" â€“ at 15 kilometres this is one of the longest and most snow-guaranteed runs of Salzburgâ€™s alpine region. Start: approx. 4km outside Obertauern village.
- "Twenger Au run" â€“ at 23 kilometres, connects Tweng with Mauterndorf; the longest run in the region.
- "Taurach run" - 13 kilometres long and connects Untertauern and Radstadt.
Gliding through the deeply snow-covered winter landscape of Obertauern at a steady pace...
...is beneficial for the body, mind and soul. Leave everyday hectic behind you and enjoy nature during exercising. Cross-country skiers will find perfect conditions for their hobby, either in Obertauern or on the Gnadenalm.