6 reasons for your holiday
in the Hotel Steiner in Obertauern
6 points making the difference!
The perfect location
- One is truly "on top" in Obertauern, situated at 1,752 metres above sea level in the heart of the Salzburg province.
- More than 100km of ski slopes at all difficulty levels.
- Top-quality ski lifts.
- Great apres ski to really get the party started, as well as places to enjoy the silence and stillness of the mountains.
- For decades Obertauern has been one of the most-visited European winter sports destinations.
- Go from Hotel Steiner straight to the ski storage area to the slopes and back â€“ no need for a car, ski bus, or taxi!
- More than 20 top-hikes (for beginners and experts) guided hikes from our hotel
- Walking paths in the mountain area of Obertauern, you'll walk along grazing cows and horses
- Super mountain biking paths (for families and pros)
- 5 Nordic Walking routes!
- Great possibilties for fishing in and around Obertauern
- 3 golf clubs in the surrounding of Obertauern
- Swimming ponds & open air bath in and around Obertauern
- The Hotel Steiner is located 5 minutes walk from the centre of the village, ideal for those seeking peace and quiet as well as for aprÃ¨s-ski lovers.
Your personal hosts
- The Steiner family â€“ Thomas, Andrea, Maximilian und Jakob Steiner â€“ with their 35 employees, they all will do their best to make you a memorable holiday and to feel you what we understand under the FULLNESS OF LIFE in the Hotel Steiner.
The quality of the facilities
- The timeless form of the furnishing with high quality materials. Trends are coming and going, we like timeless and sterling quality.
- Communication technique on the highest standard: cable TV, Sky, telephone, internet access in all rooms, WiFi in the puplic areas and internet terminal in the youth lounge.
- Hair dryer, safe box, bath robes and spa bag on the room, anti allergic-bed linen on request.
- Our ski storage area is equipped with personal ski lockers with jacket and boot warmers: pure luxury for our guests as well as their equipment.
- Summer terrace with mountain view
- Free hiking sticks-, backpack- & water bottle rental
- Culinary delights in abundance, made from our excellent chefs and served from our cheerful and well trained service staff.
- Unique in whole Obertauern and over the border of Obertauern:
"The big kitchen â€“ for our guests the whole day inclusive and without surcharge"
Guests of the Hotel Steiner are not bound to specific mealtimes on their holiday. Let us spoil you with our culinary specialties continuously from 7:30 am until 9:00 pm:
- A sprawling breakfest buffet, for a great start to your day (allergen-free products available as well), that flows seamlessly into
- a traditional lunch buffet from 12:00 noon until 4:30 pm, with salad bar, a selection of soups, as well as freshly prepared entrees from our open kitchen. Enjoy fresh cakes for dessert or as an afternoon snack.
- Our 5-course gourmet dinner is served from 6:30 pm â€“ come early if youâ€™d like to experience our new wellness offer, the "Late Night Spa", starting at 7:00 pm. Reflect on your day in peace and quiet! Our swimming and sauna facilities are open for guests over 18 during the evening hours!
- Our youngest guests will certainly enjoy our special children's buffet. Our guests with food allergies can also enjoy every minute of their holiday without worriesâ€“ we are proud to offer special allergen-free products (please let us know your requirements at the time of booking â€“ that way, we can be fully prepared for your visit).
- Lazy morning â€“ breakfast delivered right to your room
- International newspapers are available for guests and can also be delivered to your breakfast table â€“ stay informed even while you are on holiday.
- We are a non-smoking hotel - there is a heated smoking lounge outside the hotel
Wellness and beauty facility in a class of its own
- On more than 1000 mÂ² everything for your well beeing: An indoor pool with panorama view, a finnish and a bio sauna, mountain crystal grotto, a tepidarium, a steam bath and a generous private relaxing area and quiet zones, where everybody finds his place.
- Ski pass service at the reception â€“ guests can also book lessons with a personal ski coach from the Koch Ski School here, too!
- Be spoiled in our newly re-designed massage and beauty facility!
- In our gym youÂ´ll find the latest pro equipment for your muscles, build up your condition â€“ and reduce stress.
Kids and Teens will be Kings and Queens
Baby service with baby cot, baby bathtub, diaper changing pad, diaper pail ; electric kettle, Babyphone and babby bottle warmer (on request)
Bobbycar-races, sliding, romping, table soccer, memory, doll kitchen, skill games, painting, Lego, playing with the railway --- holidays will get to short!
Youth lounge with big flat TV, video game console, table soccer, pool billiard, internet access and enough place to chill out!
- Satisfy all of your family's needs
- Special family rooms: family apartments, connecting rooms, junior suites, double rooms with separate beds for siblings
- Children's discounts
- Special children's menus
- Children's ski and snowboarding lessons
- Child and youth ski passes
- Separate family area at the Berg Spa with deck chairs and heated benches located directly beside the pool
- Buggy rental service
- External childcare and babysitting service (upon request)