Good reasons for your holidays at the Hotel Steiner in Obertauern
Simply Steinerian - or why you will like it here with us.
Tight family bonds
Four individuals. Four people with the heart in the right spot. The Steiner family. Thomas, Andrea, Maximilian and Jakob. Patrons and companions, hosts and enthusiastic hotel residents themselves. People who passionately love to give and also like to step into the background a little. Knowing that the “Herzglut” team Steiner, those 35 employees, take more than responsibility to prepare everything and to be there when they are needed - without having to be called.
A family - with love for families
Baby service with baby cot, baby bathtub, diaper changing pad, diaper pail ; electric kettle, Babyphone and babby bottle warmer (on request)
Bobbycar-races, sliding, romping, table soccer, memory, doll kitchen, skill games, painting, Lego, playing with the railway --- holidays will get to short!
Youth lounge with big flat TV, video game console, table soccer, pool billiard, internet access and enough place to chill out!
- Satisfy all of your family's needs
- Special family rooms: family apartments, connecting rooms, junior suites, double rooms with separate beds for siblings
- Children's discounts
- Special children's menus
- Children's ski and snowboarding lessons
- Child and youth ski passes
- Separate family area at the Berg Spa with deck chairs and heated benches located directly beside the pool
- Buggy rental service
- External childcare and babysitting service (upon request)
The quality of the facilities - this is what we care about
- The timeless form of the furnishing with high quality materials. Trends are coming and going, we like timeless and sterling quality.
- Communication technique on the highest standard: cable TV, Sky, telephone, internet access in all rooms, WiFi in the puplic areas and internet terminal in the youth lounge.
- Hair dryer, safe box, bath robes and spa bag on the room, anti allergic-bed linen on request.
- Our ski storage area is equipped with personal ski lockers with jacket and boot warmers: pure luxury for our guests as well as their equipment.
- Summer terrace with mountain view
Genuine taste craft
You can feel it everywhere. See it on every plate. Smell it with the different served courses, taste it with every bite. Here the people do not only cook with their head but also with their heart. And this all day long. To sweeten your life with culinary delights from early in the morning until late in the evening.
Full board deluxe à la Steiner
- Culinary delights in abundance, made from our excellent chefs and served from our cheerful and well trained service staff.
- Unique in whole Obertauern and over the border of Obertauern:
"The big kitchen - for our guests the whole day inclusive and without surcharge"
Guests of the Hotel Steiner are not bound to specific mealtimes on their holiday. Let us spoil you with our culinary specialties continuously from 7:30 am until 9:00 pm:
- A sprawling breakfest buffet, for a great start to your day (allergen-free products available as well), that flows seamlessly into
- a traditional lunch buffet from 12:00 noon until 4:30 pm, with salad bar, a selection of soups, as well as freshly prepared entrees from our open kitchen. Enjoy fresh cakes for dessert or as an afternoon snack.
- Our 5-course gourmet dinner is served from 6:30 pm - come early if you’d like to experience our new wellness offer, the "Late Night Spa", starting at 7:00 pm. Reflect on your day in peace and quiet! Our swimming and sauna facilities are open for guests over 18 during the evening hours!
- Our youngest guests will certainly enjoy our special children's buffet. Our guests with food allergies can also enjoy every minute of their holiday without worries- we are proud to offer special allergen-free products (please let us know your requirements at the time of booking - that way, we can be fully prepared for your visit).
- Lazy morning - breakfast delivered right to your room
- International newspapers are available for guests and can also be delivered to your breakfast table - stay informed even while you are on holiday.
- We are a non-smoking hotel - there is a heated smoking lounge outside the hotel
A team with Herzglut
May we, the Steiners, get very personal here - and write our gratitude off our chest? Thank you for it. The word “loyalty” is a big, strong, powerful word. Which we use when we talk about our employees in a more than appreciative manner. Many of these dear people who have grown so close to our hearts have remained loyal to us for years, swapping their private centre of life for the Hotel Steiner, for Obertauern. To follow their passion and to do something good. Of course these lucky charms go through further trainings, of course they learn from the best - but we still know that the best training is of no use when the fire, the heat is missing. We are deeply thankful for your being, for your passion and your loyalty.
In love and rooted in Obertauern
At home in Obertauern, resident at Römerstraße 45, in the Hotel Steiner. The hotel, our home. For 2 decades. Our biiiig living room with a biiiig kitchen, bedrooms and charming dining room. In front at the entrance to the restaurant. At the family table. We live and love Obertauern as our home. Deep roots, big feelings. No holiday destination for us - but a centre of life for us and our children. Salver and place of retreat at the same time.
Our Obertauern, your ideal location
- One is truly "on top" in Obertauern, situated at 1,752 metres above sea level in the heart of the Salzburg province.
- More than 100km of ski slopes at all difficulty levels.
- Top-quality ski lifts.
- For decades Obertauern has been one of the most-visited European winter sports destinations.
- Go from Hotel Steiner straight to the ski storage area to the slopes and back - no need for a car, ski bus, or taxi!
- More than 20 top-hikes (for beginners and experts) guided hikes from our hotel
- Walking paths in the mountain area of Obertauern, you'll walk along grazing cows and horses
- Super mountain biking paths (for families and pros)
- 5 Nordic Walking routes!
- Free hiking sticks-, backpack- & water bottle rental
- Great possibilties for fishing in and around Obertauern
- 3 golf clubs in the surrounding of Obertauern
- Swimming ponds & open air bath in and around Obertauern
- The Hotel Steiner is located only a 5 minutes walk away from the centre of the village.
Wellness and beauty facility in a class of its own
- On more than 1000 m² everything for your well beeing: An indoor pool with panorama view, a finnish and a bio sauna, mountain crystal grotto, a tepidarium, a steam bath and a generous private relaxing area and quiet zones, where everybody finds his place.
- Ski pass service at the reception - guests can also book lessons with a personal ski coach from the Koch Ski School here, too!
- Be spoiled in our newly re-designed massage and beauty facility!
- In our gym you´ll find the latest pro equipment for your muscles, build up your condition - and reduce stress.